Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cluster installation without internet

Cluster installation without internet

Explorer

hi,
I'm trying to install cluster hadoop without internet connection.
I'm following Installation Path C - Installation Using Tarballs in cloudera cdh5.0.1 documentation.
My trouble is during the cluster-installation,
the fault is : BEGIN sudo yum info jdk
Cloudera Manager search info about jdk, but I install JDK by rpm not with yum.

I'm doing my installation on AWS machines with security-groups without internet.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Cluster installation without internet

Explorer
Hi,
during the installation cluster i have already got this problem.

I see in details with internet connection on that don't download absolute nothing in the step : sudo yum info jdk

But without internet i'm blocked to this step.

The problem that i see is:

Installing jdk package...BEGIN sudo yum list installed jdk
Loaded plugins: amazon-id, rhui-lb, security
Error: No matching Packages to list
END (1)
BEGIN sudo yum info jdk
Loaded plugins: amazon-id, rhui-lb, security
Could not contact any CDS load balancers: rhui2-cds01.eu-west-1.aws.ce.redhat.com, rhui2-cds02.eu-west-1.aws.ce.redhat.com.
Could not contact CDS load balancer rhui2-cds01.eu-west-1.aws.ce.redhat.com, tring others.
END (1)
remote package jdk is not available, giving up
waiting for rollback request

Thanks

Expert Contributor
If you are not connected to internet yum wouldn't be able to fetch the packages from outside sources...
In this case you need to get the jdk package(rpm) and all the hadoop rpm's and install them on your machine, however you need to install many dependencies while you install hadoop, if it is not connected to internet you have to manually get all the dependency rpms onto the machine and install it manually to proceed the installation...
Em Jay

Expert Contributor
And hadoop talks to each of his nodes thru network, so if you wanna set up a multinode cluster, you might not be able to achieve it...
if you wanna build a single node cluster, it may work.
Em Jay

Installing a hadoop cluster w/o internet works, but requires some extra steps. It's documented in the installation guide:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM5/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Installat...

Path A won't work without internet, but paths B and C will.

Cloudera Employee

I ran into this recently working with a customer.  By setting that repo config to 0 (disabled) will let you get past the error.

You are getting this error in the Cloudera Manger, correct?

If you get similar errors during dependency installation, disable the repo it is pointing to as it refers to your repo cache.  You will have to manually install any dependencies that do show up that are not available.

Explorer

Ok, i try with repo config on 0.

Where can i find this setting?

Cloudera Employee

depends on your distro, but rhel/centos you just change your .repo file to have enable=0

e.g.

[myrepo]
name=myrepo
baseurl=http://hostname/cm/5
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0 

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here