Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Collecting and Parsing Telemetry Events for new Data Source: Problem in pushing zookeeper configuration

Collecting and Parsing Telemetry Events for new Data Source: Problem in pushing zookeeper configuration

Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to ingest new data from a new source to metron single-node rc7. I need to mention that I've checked my python/java/ansible/vagrant/virtualbox vesions, and they are all correct, also my OS is CentOS 7.

I followed this link, until the command bellow:

/usr/metron/0.1BETA/bin/zk_load_configs.sh --mode PUSH -i /usr/metron/0.1BETA/config/zookeeper -z node1:2181

but it gave me this error:

org.apache.commons.cli.UnrecognizedOptionException: Unrecognized option: -i
    at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.processOption(Parser.java:363)
    at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.parse(Parser.java:199)
    at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.parse(Parser.java:85)
    at org.apache.metron.utils.SourceConfigUtils.main(SourceConfigUtils.java:109)
usage: SourceConfigUtils [-h] [-p <DIR_NAME>] -z <ZK_QUORUM>
 -h,--help                      This screen
 -p,--config_files <DIR_NAME>   Path to the source config files.  Must be
                                named like "$source"-config.json
 -z,--zk <ZK_QUORUM>            Zookeeper Quroum URL
                                (zk1:2181,zk2:2181,...

then I tried this:

/usr/metron/0.1BETA/bin/zk_load_configs.sh -i /usr/metron/0.1BETA/config/zookeeper -m PUSH -z node1:2181

but the result was the same.

Also I'd better to mention I've checked and there was no directory as "/usr/metron/0.1BETA/config/zookeeper" in my VM, result for "ls" in "/usr/metron/0.1BETA/config" is:

etc  patterns  source  topologies

then I stopped this project and switched to this link, but there again I had to stop, everything was OK until step11 but I was not able to see parser topology in Storm UI and also the new index in Elastic Search UI.

11.You should see metrics on the processor of data being pushed into Metron.[OK]

Look at the Storm UI for the parser topology and you should see tuples coming in.[-]

13.After about 5 minutes, you should see a new Elastic Search index called squid_index* in the Elastic Admin UI.[-]

any idea why I'm facing this issues?

Solving either of them would solve my problem.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Collecting and Parsing Telemetry Events for new Data Source: Problem in pushing zookeeper configuration

New Contributor

I think that guide is intended for a much newer version of Metron. It mentions 0.2.0BETA-RC2 in the guide itself, but at this point I would suggest running at least 0.2.1BETA.