Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Compile Error when compling impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0 src tarball

Compile Error when compling impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0 src tarball

New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am now encoutering such errors when i compile the impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0 src tarball, which is download from http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/cdh/5/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0-src.tar.gz. This is part of the errors:

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[WARNING] COMPILATION WARNING :
[WARNING] package com.cloudera.impala.thrift
/root/workplace/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/util/UnsafeUtil.java:[21,15] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[WARNING] /root/workplace/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/util/UnsafeUtil.java:[30,22] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[WARNING] /root/workplace/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/util/UnsafeUtil.java:[37,14] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[WARNING] /root/workplace/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/util/UnsafeUtil.java:[42,24] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[INFO] 4 warnings
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[ERROR] /root/workplace/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/analysis/TableName.java:[20,33] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] package com.cloudera.impala.thrift
/root/workplace/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/analysis/TableName.java:[88,37] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] class TableName
/root/workplace/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/analysis/TableName.java:[92,9] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] class TableName
/root/workplace/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/analysis/CreateDropRoleStmt.java:[19,33] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] package com.cloudera.impala.thrift

And I found that there isn't one direcotry named thrift in the path /root/workplace/impala-2.0.0-cdh5.2.0/fe/src/main/java/com/cloudera/impala/, I think it should have. Is there anything I miss?

By the way, the system information is:

1) OS

LSB Version: :base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch
Distributor ID: CentOS
Description: CentOS release 6.5 (Final)
Release: 6.5
Codename: Final

Linux version 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 (mockbuild@c6b8.bsys.dev.centos.org) (gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Nov 22 03:15:09 UTC 2013

2) jdk

java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)

3) gcc

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.8.3/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with: ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-checking=release --enable-languages=c,c++,java --disable-multilib --with-gmp=/usr/local/gmp-4.3.2 --with-mpfr=/usr/local/mpfr-2.4.2 --with-mpc=/usr/local/mpc-1.0.2
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.8.3 (GCC)

4) llvm

llvm-3.3.src.tar.gz

5) boost

boost_1_56_0.tar.bz2

Can anyone give me a hand? By the way, I have modified some of the cpp source code due to the cpp compile errors. The java code compile errors come out after the cpp compile errors disappear. Maybe I shouldn't change the cpp code, is there any specific configuration about both of cpp and java code that i miss?

Don't have an account?