Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Component Failed to Install while deploying cluster using Blueprint

Component Failed to Install while deploying cluster using Blueprint

Explorer

Hi Team,
I am deploying a cluster using Blueprint. Sometimes components install on all node perfectly but sometimes it failed to a node with error:

Caught an exception while executing custom service command: <type 'exceptions.Exception'>: Command requires configs with timestamp=1560248016781 but configs on agent have timestamp=1560248014508; Command requires configs with timestamp=1560248016781 but configs on agent have timestamp=1560248014508.

What will be the cause of this error can anyone help or guide me on that.

Also after installation failed I am checking the failed components and reinstalling the components on the same host.
Sometimes its work and sometimes its failing.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Component Failed to Install while deploying cluster using Blueprint

Super Mentor

@Vivek Singh

Are you sure that all your Cluster Node where the Ambari Server and Agents are running in in Time Sync?

Are you running Some NTPD services to make sure that the time is sync in all these nodes?

The clocks of all the nodes in your cluster and the machine that runs the browser through which you access the Ambari Web interface must be able to synchronize with each other.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.7.3.0/bk_ambari-installation-ppc/content/enable_n...

Explorer

Yes, @Jay Kumar SenSharma NTPD Service is running on all agents and server.

Super Mentor

@Vivek Singh

What is the version of your Ambari Server?

Have you tried deleting and Adding services to that Failing Node earlier (May be something got cached in Agent cache dir).

I also see similar error reported in the following JIRA although with the currently available info it is hard to say if you are facing the same issue or not: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-24176

Explorer

I am using 2.7.1.0 ambari version. I am not deploying any service manually using my browser. I am doing whole cluster automation using Blueprint.
Is there any way or any parameter we can add in Blueprint So that it will reinstall failed component on that node on which it is failed.

Also is there any API for removing cache?
Is NTPD service need to be compulsory to be run on hosts?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here