Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Configuring Audit types for Ranger

Configuring Audit types for Ranger

Contributor

Hi,

Is there a mechanism to choose particular operations / audit types for auditing in Ranger while ignoring other types? We are exploring the possibility of turning-off logging mechanism for few categories in anticipation of better search performance in RangerSolr.

Regards

Vijay

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Configuring Audit types for Ranger

@Vijaya Narayana Reddy Bhoomi Reddy I know is possible to turn off auditing per policy basis. I'm not sure if possible to do this at operation level. To setup per policy basis there is a switch on Ranger Admin UI > Edit Policy that yo can turn off and this will avoid auditing for this specific policy.

74450-screen-shot-2018-05-16-at-15612-pm.png

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

Re: Configuring Audit types for Ranger

Contributor

Thanks @Felix Albani I am aware that we can turn on/off auditing at a policy level. However, I am looking at granular control at operations level so that we can disable logging for some operations which are perceived as unimportant.