Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to

Expert Contributor

Hi,

We installed HDP using root account successfully and the services came up after the install ok with no issues. But now, all services are down and we see the message "Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to sibi1b.gov.calgary.ab.ca:"

Not sure what is going on...Anyone had this issue and the resolution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rebooting the server didn't help as well.

Thanks

Chandra

install-summary.jpg
15 REPLIES 15

Ambari Version 2.6.0.0

HDP version 2.6.3.0-235

Oracle Database 12c

1. Running the script ../ranger-admin/db_setup.py generates an error:

SQLException : SQL state: 42000 java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-04044: procedure, function, package, or type is not allowed here

Change the lines in the script db_setup.py

# query = get_cmd + " -c \; -query \"select * from ;\""

query = get_cmd + " -c \; -query \'select * from ;\'"

2. Script ..oracle/xa_core_db_oracle.sql did not started

Can't login into Ranger UI

Explorer

45451-error1.png

Even I am facing the same issue of connection, please help me resolve the issue

Do I need to create any certificate keys??

Master Mentor

@chandramouli muthukumaran

You opened a thread "Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to" to which you received a couple of responses from me and Ashnee Sharma it's a good habit to acknowledge whether a solution resolved your issue so other members facing the same situation could use the solution.

Can you do the right thing because members strive to help in return they expect a response.

Master Mentor

@Miro Ka @Gaurav Bapat

You are responding to an old thread (July 2017) and I am pretty sure members are ignoring. It's advisable to open a new thread could you reformat your questions in a new thread.

If I get a notification I will try to help .

Master Mentor

As reminded by @Ashnee Sharma If a reponse resolved your problem, could you Accept the answer by Clicking on Accept button below,

That would be a great help to Community users to find a solution quickly for these kinds of errors and also reward the members who strive to keep this forum active.

Master Mentor

I was just checking one of the issues you raised chandramouli muthukumaran Jun 14, 2016 at 03:24 PM. You received a couple of answers from me and Ashnee Sharma but unfortunately, you didn't accept either of the answers, this is unacceptable as HCC members go a long way to help whenever you open a thread and any solution provided if it resolved the issue should benefit other members who encounter the same issue.
Please ensure members who give solutions to your problems are rewarded this helps to keep member motivated to respond.