Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to

Expert Contributor

Hi,

We installed HDP using root account successfully and the services came up after the install ok with no issues. But now, all services are down and we see the message "Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to sibi1b.gov.calgary.ab.ca:"

Not sure what is going on...Anyone had this issue and the resolution. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rebooting the server didn't help as well.

Thanks

Chandra

install-summary.jpg
15 REPLIES 15

Can you please look at the logs files for one the services under /var/log, that might provide more insight into specific issue

Expert Contributor

I am seeing this in zoo keeper log ...any idea what this means

2016-06-14 02:55:01,693 - INFO [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:NIOServerCnxn@1007] - Closed socket connection for client /10.71.34.225:56032 (no session established for client) 2016-06-14 02:56:01,723 - INFO [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:NIOServerCnxnFactory@197] - Accepted socket connection from /10.71.34.225:56208 2016-06-14 02:56:01,723 - WARN [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:NIOServerCnxn@357] - caught end of stream exception EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from client sessionid 0x0, likely client has closed socket at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.doIO(NIOServerCnxn.java:228) at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.run(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:208) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Expert Contributor

dont know what i did..but i tried restarting each service manually using command line and it started working. One wierd thing is that if i try to start all the services from the Ambari dashboard it does not work. But i try to start all the services from the hosts page which says "start all host components" it works. Also the zookeeper service keeps stopping all the time. otherthan that all the services are running fine. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Can you please confirm your zookeeper version? make sure its >= 3.4.5.

Expert Contributor

my zookeeper version is 3.4.6.2.4

Please check this stpes:-

1. Make sure hostname is right, iptables, selinux are stop

2. Check ps -aef for each process and kill it from cli [if you are able to see the process running]

3. Start the process from ambari.

let me know if it works.

Master Mentor

@chandramouli muthukumaran

One time I forgot this setting and I encountered the same problem.

Enable NTP on the Cluster and on the Browser Host

The clocks of all the nodes in your cluster and the machine that runs the browser through which you access Ambari Web must be able to synchronize with each other.

How to enable ntp

Explorer

Hello,

I have same problem with Metrics Collector Process: Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to dnode01.cedar.cluster.ada:6188

NTP is enabled on all 16 nodes, but there is no positive affect

I'm not sure how the status of NTP on Browsing Host (which is not part of cluster) can affect the operation of cluster?

Can help with my case? Please let me know, if you need more details

@chandramouli muthukumaran

If issue is resolve, then lets close this.