Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Connection refuse for Service Monitor,Host Monitor

Contributor

Hi

my cluster was running fine ,but after i enable the graphic model in AWS RedHat i am not able to start management service. i got below error .

i checked Selinux and iptables all disabled and the firewall also disabled . Any idea what can cause this issue ?

i think mostly is step 2 but not sure which step.

AWS suggest step to enable graphic model:

1. install graphic model

2. setup XRDP

1. Add the xrdp repository: sudo rpm -Uvh http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/nux-dextop-release-0-1.el7.nux.noarch.rpm

2. Install xrdp and tiger VNC server: sudo yum install -y xrdp tigervnc-server

3. 3. Setup SELINUX security: chcon --type=bin_t /usr/sbin/xrdp && chcon --type=bin_t /usr/sbin/xrdp-sesman

4. Start and enable the xrdp service: sudo systemctl start xrdp && sudo systemctl enable xrdp

5. Enable RDP port on the instance: sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=3389/tcp && sudo firewall-cmd --reload  (I already disable  the firewall so i am able to login CM 7180)

6. Set a password for ec2-user . This password will be used to connect to the RDP session: sudo passwd ec2-user

7. Set password for root as you will be prompted for cloud user password for network proxy and color. Login as root and set the password: sudo su && passwd

2016-11-30 01:48:38,781 WARN 1137398285@scm-web-11:com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.EventsController: Exception querying events
org.apache.avro.AvroRemoteException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
	at org.apache.avro.ipc.specific.SpecificRequestor.invoke(SpecificRequestor.java:88)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy108.queryEvents(Unknown Source)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.event.query.AvroEventStoreQueryProxy.doQuery(AvroEventStoreQueryProxy.java:160)
	at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.events.EventDao.findEvents(EventDao.java:361)
	at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.EventsController.query(EventsController.java:166)

2016-11-30 01:37:20,582 WARN 1289534149@scm-web-4:com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.StatusProvider: Failed to submit task for getting status from SERVICE_MONITORING
com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceNotRunningException: SERVICE_MONITORING is not running
	at com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceLocator.getNozzleIPC(MgmtServiceLocator.java:145)
	at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.StatusProvider$SubjectStatusCustomFuture.<init>(StatusProvider.java:618)
	at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.StatusProvider.getStatus(StatusProvider.java:1043)

Caught unexpected exception in main loop.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 710, in start
    self._init_after_first_heartbeat_response(resp_data)
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.8.2-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 840, in _init_after_first_heartbeat_response
    self.client_configs.load()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I think redhat graphic model applied some configuration in my cluster . i tried install graphic package first then install CM it stucked not able to install . 

i solve the issue by create another node in the AWS and install graphic model as workspace to connnect cluster 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Contributor

Capture.PNG

i that because of iptable? but i already disable the iptable and firewall please check the picture

Contributor

Capture.PNG

i checked clouder-scm-server-db it is working fine and i can manually connect to database by using info in db.mgmt.properties file .not sure whats wrong ~

Contributor

Capture.PNGaws.png

i am trying to run the test connection from Cloudera Manger it stuck for ever.

but i can connect the same host and database from command line . i think the issue mostly is the 

cloudera embed db. but still not sure why and hot to fix 

Contributor

Capture.PNG

if i select ip-172-31-26-41.us-west-1.compute.internal. host to run test on ip-172-31-26-40.us-west-1.compute.internal . it is working fine .

but if select ip-172-31-26-40.us-west-1.compute.internal to run test on its own db the connection not able to get through. Anyone have any idea?

Contributor

I think redhat graphic model applied some configuration in my cluster . i tried install graphic package first then install CM it stucked not able to install . 

i solve the issue by create another node in the AWS and install graphic model as workspace to connnect cluster