Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Connector Powered by Teradata in oozie

Connector Powered by Teradata in oozie

New Contributor

Hi,

I´ve just installed the connector powered by teradata 1.3c5 following all the steps in the installation guide.

Everything is working ok when I run the connector in the shell but when I try to launch the connector import command using a oozie workflow I have the following error:

ERROR org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory - Could not load ManagerFactory com.cloudera.sqoop.manager.TeradataManagerFactory (not found)
3196 [main] ERROR org.apache.sqoop.tool.BaseSqoopTool - Got error creating database manager: java.io.IOException: No manager for connect string: jdbc:teradata://XXXXXXX/DATABASE=hadoop,CHARSET=UTF16
at org.apache.sqoop.ConnFactory.getManager(ConnFactory.java:191)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.BaseSqoopTool.init(BaseSqoopTool.java:250)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.init(ImportTool.java:89)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:593)

I have a cluster with 20 worker nodes and the connector is installed in the node where I launch the oozie job.

Please let me know where is the error

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Connector Powered by Teradata in oozie

Explorer
First, add all Teradata connector jars in oozie lib path. Second, add parameter to Sqoop action: sqoop.connection.factories=com.cloudera.connector.teradata.TeradataManagerFactory

Re: Connector Powered by Teradata in oozie

Guru

Hi,

Have you tried to put the Teradata JARs under the "lib" directory of the Oozie workflow? It will be picked up and then distributed to all nodes that needs to run Sqoop by Oozie.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here