Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Contents of /etc/hosts file for HDP 2.4 sandbox

Highlighted

Contents of /etc/hosts file for HDP 2.4 sandbox

New Contributor

I installed HDF 2.4 sandbox on VirtualBox. The host machine has 4 cores and runs Windows 7.

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost             
10.0.2.15       sandbox.hortonworks.com sandbox ambari.hortonworks.com  

Ran a few examples, and they seem to run fine, so the values seem to b correct.

My question is, why does 10.0.2.15 refer to sandbox.hortonworks.com sandbox ambari.hortonworks.com?

Just curios.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Contents of /etc/hosts file for HDP 2.4 sandbox

Super Guru
@ilhyung cho

Just three different ways to connect to the same machine. Do you have all these three names by default or did you added the other two (sandbox and ambari.hortonworks.com)?

Do you mean, why the ip address is 10.0.2.15? I think that depends on your environment or the environment where sandbox was created.

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I know what is for the local ip (10.0.2.15).

Those three names are default and I did not add anything. When I had HDP 2.1 configured for 2 core CPUS, there were only two entries (sandbox.hortonworks.com and sandbox).

Also, I had a Hadoop 2.6.5 configured for a bare linux VM (with 2 cores), and its /etc/hosts has the following:

127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.1.1 xxx.yyy.zzz xxx

So, I am just curious about why two entries for 2 core machines and three entries for 4 core machine.

Rising Star

Hello, it's just part of the configs required for the automated install of the cluster we do.

New Contributor

Hi,

I have installed latest version of HDP and HDF docker conatiners in Linux and the containers are up and running. I do not have any domain name mapped to my public ip.

I want to access the the HDP and HDF separately using ambari dashboard. Now since both are running i can only access the ambari dashboard with HDF services and not HDP services.

Could you please let me know how i could access these 2 dashboards separately.

Regards,

Amrutha