Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Controller.py:190 - Cannot register host with not supported os type hostname=localhost, serverOsType=amazon2017, agentOsType=amazon2017 could any help me on this

Highlighted

Controller.py:190 - Cannot register host with not supported os type hostname=localhost, serverOsType=amazon2017, agentOsType=amazon2017 could any help me on this

New Contributor

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Controller.py:190 - Cannot register host with not supported os type hostname=localhost, serverOsType=amazon2017, agentOsType=amazon2017 could any help me on this

Super Mentor

@kota srikanth

This can happen when your Python version is not correct.

Please let us know what is the python version installed on the mentioned host?

Also which ambari version are you using? You can refer to the following link to know the Operating System & Python requirement: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.1/bk_support-matrices/content/ch_matrices-amb...

Example:

Python
For SLES 11:Python 2.6.x
For SLES 12:Python 2.7.x
For CentOS 7, Ubuntu 14, Ubuntu 16, and Debian 7:Python 2.7.x

Re: Controller.py:190 - Cannot register host with not supported os type hostname=localhost, serverOsType=amazon2017, agentOsType=amazon2017 could any help me on this

New Contributor

@Jay SenSharma

hello jay thank you for your response. My python version is 2.7.2 , jdk-1.8 and ambari is 2.5 HDP-2.4.

my OS is amazon linux Redhat Fedora (amazon2017).

do you have any other ways ? please help on this.

How can i resolve this could you help me on this?

Super Mentor

@kota srikanth

As the error suggest:

Cannot register host with not supported os type

Your OS is "amazon linux".

Also please check the supported Operating System: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.1/bk_support-matrices/content/ch_matrices-amb...

17492-supported-hs-ambari251.png

Super Mentor

@kota srikanth

Just as a workaround if you really want to use that OS (amazon linux), Then you might want to try a tweaking.

Amazon Linux, which is basically a RHEL clone with their own Xen kernel. You can make it appear to be CentOS by modifying "/etc/redhat-release" to contain CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core) (or what ever is correct your version of Amazon Linux). Example:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core) 

New Contributor

Thanks, this worked for me, I created an empty file

sudo vi /etc/redhat-release

with the string

CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core) 

and it worked, now ambari client sends heartbeats to ambari master

Super Mentor

@Moises Catala

Thanks for responding with the solution.

New Contributor

@jay SenSharma

Thank you for reply my OS redhat-fedora 6. then i mention CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core) (or) CentOS Linux release 6.0.1406 (Core) ?

please help me on this

New Contributor

@jay SenSharma

Thank you for reply my OS redhat-fedora 6. it comes undes centos 6 (or) Linux 6

please help me on this

Super Mentor

@kota srikanth

Try putting this:

CentOS Linux release 6.0.1406 (Core) 
OR
CentOS release 6.0.1406 (Final)