Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Could Mysql and ambari be at the same server??

Expert Contributor

I'm struggling to (with) starting server Ambari (check out the probleme),

I wonder if the probleme can be caused by the server itself since the the Ambari and Mysql are hosted in the same server!!

any suggestion is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Hi @yassine sihi

Having both Ambari and its mysql db on the same machine does not normally cause any issues logging in. Most of my lab clusters are setup in the fashion. I think Jay is on the right track to look at the grants and hostnames. I've also seen one similar login error when a user tried to access mysql without using the server's FQDN - ensure FQDN are being used whenever possible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Guru

Hi @yassine sihi

Having both Ambari and its mysql db on the same machine does not normally cause any issues logging in. Most of my lab clusters are setup in the fashion. I think Jay is on the right track to look at the grants and hostnames. I've also seen one similar login error when a user tried to access mysql without using the server's FQDN - ensure FQDN are being used whenever possible.

Expert Contributor

thanks you @Sonu Sahi for replaying, i think that's the issue is fixed other way and it works fine with the both services on the same machine.