Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Create external table from mahout output sequence file!

Create external table from mahout output sequence file!

Contributor

Hello Colleages,

A mahout job creates a sequence file as output. The Format is (Text, Intwritable).

If i create an external Hive table on this sequencefile the following error message occurs:

java.io.IOException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException: class org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe: expects either BytesWritable or Text object!

Do you have any ideas or a nsolution how i can create an external hive table on this specific sequence file?

Thanks and Best regards,

butkiz

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Create external table from mahout output sequence file!

Master Guru
Could you share your 'SHOW CREATE TABLE <tbl>' output for us to see how the table was created (i.e. what was the passed schema)?

Re: Create external table from mahout output sequence file!

Contributor
The mahout's lda (cvb) output is a sequence file with (IntWriteable, VectorWritable) or (Text, Intwritable) pairs. I would like create a Hive table directly over this output files. At the moment i've convert the output files into text files - it's a bad solution i think.

Do you have an idea how i can create this hive table in order to read the sewuwnce file?

Thanks and Regards,
butkiz
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here