Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Creating user in HDP 3.x that is similar to default users (maria_dev, raj_ops)

Creating user in HDP 3.x that is similar to default users (maria_dev, raj_ops)

New Contributor

I am using HDP 3.x sandbox and want to create a user similar to maria_dev, raj_ops, . Similar in a sense that these users are added in Ambari and the system. I can log into Ambari or SSH to the system and the same username/password works. If I add a user in Ambari (following this guideline[https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_Ambari_Admin_Guide/content/_local_and_ldap_user_and_group_types.html]) , then the user is only added in the Ambari and I won't be able to SSH into the HDP Sandbox with it. If I add a user in the HDP Sandbox (using useradd -G <group name> <username> ) then I won't be able to log into Ambari with it. Maria_dev or raj_ops share the same password for both the system and Ambari. So if I SSH into HDP Sandbox and change the password for maria_dev, and then later on try to log into Ambari, then I can only login via the updated password.

My question is: How to add a local user that the is added to both Ambari and HDP Sandbox?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here