Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Credit Fraud Prevention Demo - Connection refused error

Credit Fraud Prevention Demo - Connection refused error

Contributor

I have setup the credit card transaction monitor application as mentioned in https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/38457/credit-fraud-prevention-demo-a-guided-tour.h....

Below steps are completed

Created a Hortonworks VM on Azure, ran the install script and startupdemo services.

All the applications are running fine except the Nifi Service. Also When I try to run the simulator jar i am getting a connection refused error. Is there is any custom changes needs in Nifi Config file ..Please advice

ambari-screenshot.png

output.txt

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Credit Fraud Prevention Demo - Connection refused error

Master Guru

Please provide additional information about the NiFi service issue. What are you seeing in the Nifi app and bootstrap logs?

Contributor

Thanks Matt. I am getting the below error in app logs.PFA the logsnifi-app.txtnifi-bootstrap.txt

2016-12-12 20:12:20,852 ERROR [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Failure to launch NiFi due to java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/nifi/atlas/reporting/AtlasFlowReportingTask : Unsu pported major.minor version 52.0 39 java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/nifi/atlas/reporting/AtlasFlowReportingTask : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Master Guru

@Joby Johny

What version of HDF or Apache NiFi are you using for this demo?

It looks like that demo was written using some version for HDF 1.x or Apache NiFi 0.x based upon the screenshots. Those versions of NiFi supported java 7.

HDF 2.x / Apache Nifi 1.x versions of NiFi require a minimum of Java 8. What version of Java are you running with?

Java version numbers:

J2SE 8 = 52

J2SE 7 = 51

J2SE 6.0 = 50

J2SE 5.0 = 49

Thanks,

Matt

Master Guru

@Joby Johny

It would appear the referenced "AtlasFlowReportingTask" is a custom addition to that demo's NiFi. It looks as though the java version you are using is not supported by it.

Contributor

Hi Matt,

Java version is 1.7,hdp is 2.4 and Nifi is 1.1.1

java version "1.7.0_95" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.6.4.0.el6_7-x86_64 u95-b00) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.95-b01, mixed mode).

I have tried changing the jdk version using the info given in the below post .but no luck

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/4479/ambari-jdk-update-process.html