Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CreditCardTransactionMonitor Demo - Transactions are not listed

Contributor

I am following the link @ https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/38457/credit-fraud-prevention-demo-a-guided-tour.h... to set up the credit card transaction monitor application

We are trying to do the end to end demo of credit card transaction monitor app by end of this week. We tried to clone the latest code and there was a version mismatch error while building the storm topology. Latest storm code(1.x) will work with only HDP2.5 which is not available in Azure. Later I have used the git code committed on nov15 which contains the storm version(0.10.0) maps to HDP2.4.

I am able to start the transactions with the simulator jar and able to see the transactions flowing with basic details. After that I am not seeing any transactions(Transaction id,merchant type,amount,distance) in the below box after double clicking it. I have captured the screenshots of the steps which I have done.

Please let me know if you have faced the same issue in the past.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

@Joby Johny

The demo has been migrated to HDP 2.5 and will no longer run on HDP 2,4 Sandbox.This is mainly due to upgrade of Storm from 0.10 to 1.0.1. We did not maintain the older branch. The demo will still install and run in a single node Sandbox but it has to be 2.5 and you will need to be able to allocate more memory. If you can get a large host that can allocate 16GB to the container, you can try to download the docker version and give it more memory.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

Adding the screenshots using the data generated from simualtor nifi.png.transactions-flow1.png

transaction-flow-2.png

Guru

@Joby Johny

The demo has been migrated to HDP 2.5 and will no longer run on HDP 2,4 Sandbox.This is mainly due to upgrade of Storm from 0.10 to 1.0.1. We did not maintain the older branch. The demo will still install and run in a single node Sandbox but it has to be 2.5 and you will need to be able to allocate more memory. If you can get a large host that can allocate 16GB to the container, you can try to download the docker version and give it more memory.