Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Curious to know why majority of the people are not enabiling Yarn Node Labels on production clusters ? Any potential issues ? or Not aware of the option?

Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

Use cases that I have run into for node labels are specialized hardware and licensing requirements for 3rd party libraries. I have seen node labels used in production for some of these use cases.

Most likely reason why it is still not 'majority of people' is because these use cases themselves are not very common.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

Each use case may have different requirements. I know of several organizations using Hadoop that simply have not encountered a need for Yarn Node labels yet, but are all using the queues and the capacity scheduler heavily.

Guru

Use cases that I have run into for node labels are specialized hardware and licensing requirements for 3rd party libraries. I have seen node labels used in production for some of these use cases.

Most likely reason why it is still not 'majority of people' is because these use cases themselves are not very common.

@Sankar T

Please read Wangda's blog if you are planning to setup yarn node labels - https://wangda.live/2016/04/16/suggestions-about-how-to-better-use-yarn-node-label/