Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

DSX local installation took many hours to complete, is this long duration expected for installations or is this unusual?

Highlighted

DSX local installation took many hours to complete, is this long duration expected for installations or is this unusual?

I had started the DSX local installation a couple of hours ago and it has been stuck for a many hours at in the last few steps of the installation process. Is this expected behavior during the installation process? Particularly step 2 and step 20 were taking a lot of time to complete.

1 REPLY 1

Re: DSX local installation took many hours to complete, is this long duration expected for installations or is this unusual?

Explorer

DSX Installer usually take between 2 to 4 hours to complete, this is expected considering the number of services that are spun by the DSX installer. There are certain steps (specifically step 2 and step 20) during installation that would take really long as they pull different services from docker. I should be concerned if my install takes more than 4 hours. This will happens if on a node there are not enough CPUs or low memory or the disk has high latency. In either of these situations you might want to check your cluster configuration.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here