Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Decomissioning a NodeManager in HDP 2.6.1

New Contributor

I am trying to decommission a data node. I started by decommissioning the regionserver, and the nodemanger. I have 7 nodes in the cluster. When I followed the steps to remove the one nodemanager it says it was successful. Even though it says 1 was decommissioned 7 are still showing as active. How do I resolve?

railincdba_0-1634829497770.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@railincdba 

Seems ambari database not updated. Can you restart ambari-server and ambari-agent from the decommission nodemanager host and check.
If issues still persist you can revert the changes (Recommission NodeManagers) then decommission it and check.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

@railincdba 

Seems ambari database not updated. Can you restart ambari-server and ambari-agent from the decommission nodemanager host and check.
If issues still persist you can revert the changes (Recommission NodeManagers) then decommission it and check.

Community Manager

@railincdba, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.  

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: