Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Deleting data from hbase does not delete solr index

Deleting data from hbase does not delete solr index

Champion Alumni

Hi,

I am using cdh5  in my cluster.I have set up hbase ,lily  indexer service  and cloudera search so that data inserted into hbase  is indexed into solr cloud.This works al right but when I delete the data from hbase the solr index does not get deleted.I tried using deleteall command,

truncate and also by specifying a TTL but  none of those deleted the indexes from solr.Can some one please advice.Isnt  this fucntionality supported in cloudera search and lily

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Deleting data from hbase does not delete solr index

Expert Contributor
FYI, please post questions like this to the search-user@cloudera.org mailing list - See http://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/search-user

Champion Alumni

Thank you.I will post it there.

Champion Alumni
From what I could gather so far I understand that Lily supports it directly if I include family and qualifiers in the indexer configuration file.But I do not want to do this since I transform the data using morphlines and then index that data.I have posted this in cloudera search mailing lists.

Thanks,
Nishan

Master Collaborator

We have a discussion board for Cloudera Search.  I have moved this thread to the proper location.

Thanks.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here