Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Did they remove download bundle option from SmartSense UI?

I have recently upgraded Ambari to 2.21 and SmartSense to 1.2. Previously I use to have the option to download captured bundle from SmartSense UI, but after upgrade doesn't see an option to download bundle from SmartSense UI. Is that feature removed in latest version or is something wrong with my installation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sheetal

You are true,

1) Noticed that Download option is not working after upgrading Ambari from 2.1 to 2.2 and Smartsense from 1.1 to 1.2

2) Verified the Ambari and Smartsense rpm's

3) Noticed that in Smartsense View configuration, the version was still being reported as 1.1

4) The Smartsense view jar under /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views also had the 1.1 jar.

5) Copied the new 1.2 Smartsense jar from /usr/hdp/share/hst/ambari-service/SMARTSENSE/package/files/view/smartsense-ambari-view-1.2.1.0-161.jar to /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views and restarted Ambari server. This fixed the issue and the 'Download' option is available for all bundles.

I'm not sure that if the jar's need to be manually copied for Smartsense View upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 after the upgrade. I always thought that SmartSense View will be updated as part of Ambari upgrade.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rising Star

Sridhar, the download option is still there. However the option will appear only on successful completion of the bundle. If the bundle capture is in progress, timeout or failed, the download option is not available.

@sheetal: Are you sure? Because I have successfully captured bundle, but still I don't see an option of download, Even I have lost download option for previously captured bundles i.e. before the upgrade. You can see in the attached screenshot.

capture.png

New Contributor

Even I'm unable to view download option for SmartSense bundles after upgrading to Ambari 2.2 and HST 1.2. I hope this option is removed. Can anyone from @hortonworks please confirm?

Rising Star

The download option is still there and not removed. If you believe that the bundle capture is completed and still you don't see an option, that could be potential bug (we have not seen it yet). In that case, plese create a support case.

@sheetal

You are true,

1) Noticed that Download option is not working after upgrading Ambari from 2.1 to 2.2 and Smartsense from 1.1 to 1.2

2) Verified the Ambari and Smartsense rpm's

3) Noticed that in Smartsense View configuration, the version was still being reported as 1.1

4) The Smartsense view jar under /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views also had the 1.1 jar.

5) Copied the new 1.2 Smartsense jar from /usr/hdp/share/hst/ambari-service/SMARTSENSE/package/files/view/smartsense-ambari-view-1.2.1.0-161.jar to /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views and restarted Ambari server. This fixed the issue and the 'Download' option is available for all bundles.

I'm not sure that if the jar's need to be manually copied for Smartsense View upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 after the upgrade. I always thought that SmartSense View will be updated as part of Ambari upgrade.