Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Difference between advanced and custom properties sets ? HTTP Authentication setup and properties adding

Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to setup HTTP authentication but the documentation is unclear about properties addition :

In my ambari setup, documentation'described properties are missing from the HDFS 'Advanced core-site' properties, apart

hadoop.http.authentication.simple.anonymous.allowed

=> but the documentation ask to had them if not present. As the add property button is available in the webui only for custom sections, It's unclear to me if i have to manually update the xml config files for the 'Adavced core-site' (and i don't know how to do that in a simpel way) or if i can use the 'custom core-site' section as well and save via the webui.

Looked around for answer in adding ambari services documentations but i'm a bit lost, can anyone help ?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

@Maxence BUNEL Custom core-site can be used if you want to add any new property which is not present in Advanced core-site

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

@Maxence BUNEL Custom core-site can be used if you want to add any new property which is not present in Advanced core-site

Contributor

Hi @nshetty

Thanks for your answer; i feel better knowing i did well in this step, as i'm stuck at another step further; won't rollback to these parameters addition.

Regards.