Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Differnt Spark versions on HDP 2.4.0.0-169

Expert Contributor

Hello,

in this HDP version Spark 1.6.0.2.4 was installed during cluster installation. Now we want to play with SAP VORA 1.2 bad sadly will work with Spark 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 only. I believe I have 2 options:

1) Deinstall Spark 1.6 and install the 1.5.2 version. Problem: from where can I download a package ready to use for Amabri

2) Installing it manually in a different directory (e.g. /usr/apache/spark-1.5.2) from http://d3kbcqa49mib13.cloudfront.net/spark-1.5.2-bin-hadoop2.4.tgz. Problem: How to setup a 1.5.2 environment with no effects on the installed 1.6 version.

🙂 Klaus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

You can't install Spark 1.5.2 on HDP 2.4.x unless you build it from source and deploy it yourself. you can get the sides from Apache Spark webpage. as long as you keep your Spark init scripts in a non-hdp specific directory you should be good. make sure /usr/bin/spark does not collide with HDP spark. It's best if you wait for SAP Bods 1.3 which I believe will support spark 1.6. in the next major HDP release will be able to run two independent versions of spark simultaneously (1.6.2 and 2.0 technical preview).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

You can't install Spark 1.5.2 on HDP 2.4.x unless you build it from source and deploy it yourself. you can get the sides from Apache Spark webpage. as long as you keep your Spark init scripts in a non-hdp specific directory you should be good. make sure /usr/bin/spark does not collide with HDP spark. It's best if you wait for SAP Bods 1.3 which I believe will support spark 1.6. in the next major HDP release will be able to run two independent versions of spark simultaneously (1.6.2 and 2.0 technical preview).

Expert Contributor

Hello Artem,

many thanks for your answer.

🙂 Klaus