Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Do I really need grant atlas account full access to the atlas_tatin hbase table?

Highlighted

Do I really need grant atlas account full access to the atlas_tatin hbase table?

New Contributor

After I had updated HDP from 2.5 to 2.6 the Atlas Metadata Server Web UI failed due to no permission was granted to account 'atlas' on the HBase detault table 'atlas_titan'.

I manually granted the 'full' permission to atlas with following shell command, then restarted Altas, problem solved.

...> grant 'atlas', 'RWXCA', 'atlas_titan'

The question is do I really need grant 'atlas' all those privileges of RWXCA ?

• R - represents read privilege.
  • W - represents write privilege.
  • X - represents execute privilege.
  • C - represents create privilege.
  • A - represents admin privilege.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Do I really need grant atlas account full access to the atlas_tatin hbase table?

Expert Contributor

Thank you on the insight on the permissions.

The atlas_titan table is the repository for all of Atlas' data. All operations performed via the Atlas web server end up interacting with this table and the ATLAS_ENTITY_AUDIT_EVENTS table.

Is there any specific concern around granting permissions?

Hope this helps.

Re: Do I really need grant atlas account full access to the atlas_tatin hbase table?

New Contributor

Thank you Ashutosh.

No, I do not have a specific concern at this moment. I just want to make sure to give the minimum permission needed.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here