Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Do all Ambari services get added to the hadoop group?

Do all Ambari services get added to the hadoop group?

Explorer

Do all Ambari services get added to the hadoop group? When adding another product as a custom services in ambari is there a requirement that it is added to the hadoop group on the linux servers? Or is that only for services with in the stack?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Do all Ambari services get added to the hadoop group?

Expert Contributor

Based on the description on Hadoop services and Hadoop (https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.5.0.3/bk_ambari-administration/content/defining_service_users_and_groups_for_a_hdp_2x_stack.html), all components in the stack belong to hadoop group. Further, atlas, ranger, ranger kms, knox, and spark has additional group atlas, ranger, kms, knox and spark respectively.

I am not sure what other components you want add to Ambari besides the ones in the stack. It is really depends on what data this component want to access. Based on that, we can add group for that user.

Highlighted

Re: Do all Ambari services get added to the hadoop group?

Explorer

When I was looking at this I was looking at third party applications that are being made to plug into ambari.

They require the hadoop group added but in some cases these third party applications would be manged by another team not on a core node.

In those cases I would not like them to be in the hadoop group because that would give the other team access to all the keytabs on the servers.

In short I found that this is configurable in ambari when adding the services.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here