Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Docker HDP 2.6.5 Sandbox Issues

Highlighted

Docker HDP 2.6.5 Sandbox Issues

New Contributor

Hello community,

I'm trying to create my HDP 2.6.5 Sandbox using Docker under Ubuntu 18-04, but a get this error when running the deploy script:

+ docker run --privileged --name sandbox-hdp -h sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com --network=cda --network-alias=sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com -d hortonworks/sandbox-hdp:2.6.5 2.6.4 docker: invalid reference format.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Docker HDP 2.6.5 Sandbox Issues

Hey @Miguel Guirao!

Could you try to run the following command?

docker run --name sandbox --hostname "sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com" --privileged  --network "cda" --network-alias "sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com" -d hortonworks/sandbox-hdp:2.6.5
If you're still having the issue, share with us the following commands, plz.
docker images
docker network ls

Hope this helps!

New Contributor

This worked for me, but I thought using "--priviledged" is not recommended to use.

Also, what about the "sandbox-proxy:1.0". How do I get image started? "docker start sandbox-proxy:1.0" doesn't do it.

New Contributor

New Contributor

@mguirao

Try

bash docker-deploy-hdp265.sh

instead of

sh docker-deploy-hdp265.sh

New Contributor

It looks you have already an installed HDF images (2.6.4 ):

+ docker run --privileged --name sandbox-hdp -h sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com --network=cda --network-alias=sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com -d hortonworks/sandbox-hdp:2.6.5 2.6.4

The docker-deploy-hdfxxx.sh script seems buggy and conflicts with that.

Please try removing the already HDF image:

docker image ls

docker image rm YOUROLDHDFIMAGE