Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Docker sandbox on AWS

Highlighted

Docker sandbox on AWS

New Contributor

Hi,

My EC2 configuration: M4.Xlarge( 4vcpu, 16Go)

Docker installed | sandbox installed

docker images
REPOSITORY          TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED             SIZE
sandbox-hdp         latest              c3cef4760133        2 months ago        12.2GB

I use the furnished start script start_sandbox-hdp.sh

BUT:

./startHW.sh 

Waiting for docker daemon to start up:
277510820f7f        sandbox-hdp         "/usr/sbin/sshd -D"   2 hours ago         Exited (137) 3 seconds ago                       sandbox-hdp
sandbox-hdp
Using python  /usr/bin/python
Starting ambari-server
Ambari Server running with administrator privileges.
Running initdb: This may take up to a minute.
About to start PostgreSQL
Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources...
Ambari database consistency check started...
Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid
Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out
Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log
Waiting for server start..............................
Server started listening on 8080
DB configs consistency check: no errors and warnings were found.
Ambari Server 'start' completed successfully.
Verifying Python version compatibility...
Using python  /usr/bin/python
Checking for previously running Ambari Agent...
/var/run/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.pid found with no process. Removing 597...
Starting ambari-agent
Verifying ambari-agent process status...
Ambari Agent successfully started
Agent PID at: /var/run/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.pid
Agent out at: /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.out
Agent log at: /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log
Waiting for ambari agent to connect
......    "state" : "INSTALLED",
Waiting for ambari services to start 
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I've waited 30'... it never stop...

Any help is appreciated !!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Docker sandbox on AWS

New Contributor

@Denis PEYRUSAUBES

I think I've found the issue. In start_sandbox-hdp.sh, there are several docker exec commands that poll various services via REST command, waiting for them to report the services are up. The REST command requires a user/password, the default (in my version of the script, anyway) is "admin:4o12t0n". However, when you initially login to ambari, it requires a password change, and that gets propagated to the REST services. So after you've changed your ambari password, you need to change that password to whatever password you set for ambari. As a quick solution, create a new restart script via sed:

sed -e 's/4o12t0n/<your new ambari password>/g' <start_sandbox-hdp.sh >restart_hdp_sandbox.sh 

You may want to verify if your start script uses the same password and adjust accordingly.

Also, for safety, you should probably use ambari to shutdown all your services before shutting down the container. I've had issues with corruption when just stopping the docker container.

I've got a complete writeup for deploying HDP 2.6.1 sandbox at https://gist.github.com/renodino/5bd8adc661bd2f00a5b662ed0713fd0f

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here