Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Does Cloudera Director 2.0 allow creation of CDH clusters on Microsoft Azure Cloud

Rising Star

Hi,

I've read quite a few posts on LinkedIn and on the Cloudera website that mention the latest release of Cloudera Director 2.0.0 is able to create clusters of Cloudera Manager and CDH on Microsoft Azure Cloud.

However, when selecting the cloud providers within Cloudera Director 2.0.0, only AWS and Google are shown (see page 30 of the Cloudera Director 2.0.0 User Guide).

Am I missing something ?   Can someone at Cloudera confirm support for creation of Cloudera Manager and CDH clusters on Microsoft Azure Cloud has made it into this release of Director or not ?

If it has, can you point me towards doco that explains how....

Regards,

Damion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Damion,

Thanks for your question. To clarify, CDH is certified on Azure and clusters deployed in Azure are supported. However, Cloudera Director can currently support creation of Cloudera Manager and CDH clusters only in AWS and GCP, as you've observed. Support for Azure in Cloudera Director itself is on the roadmap. Please stay tuned and let us know how we can help in the meantime.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

Damion,

Thanks for your question. To clarify, CDH is certified on Azure and clusters deployed in Azure are supported. However, Cloudera Director can currently support creation of Cloudera Manager and CDH clusters only in AWS and GCP, as you've observed. Support for Azure in Cloudera Director itself is on the roadmap. Please stay tuned and let us know how we can help in the meantime.

Rising Star

Thankyou for the quick update Vinithra, much appreciated.

Regards,

Damion.