Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Does NiFi Support SQL Server 6.2.2 driver​ ?

Highlighted

Does NiFi Support SQL Server 6.2.2 driver​ ?

I have a NiFi controller service setup with following configuration.

Controller gets enabled but any processor based on this gets following error.

Does NiFi support SQL Server 6.2.2.driver ?

2018-02-12 12:01:39,045 WARN [Timer-Driven Process Thread-4] o.a.n.controller.StandardProcessorNode Failed during validation
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

56699-screen-shot-2018-02-12-at-10523-pm.png

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Does NiFi Support SQL Server 6.2.2 driver​ ?

Super Guru

Can you share more from the logs around the error you're getting? I am looking for the entire stack trace under that NullPointerException (you might see the phrase "Caused by" in there)

Highlighted

@Matt Burgess Please see attached log.

2018-02-12 12:01:39,045 WARN [Timer-Driven Process Thread-4] o.a.n.controller.StandardProcessorNode Failed during validation
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.apache.nifi.processor.StandardValidationContext.isValidationRequired(StandardValidationContext.java:133)
        at org.apache.nifi.components.PropertyDescriptor.validate(PropertyDescriptor.java:150)
        at org.apache.nifi.components.AbstractConfigurableComponent.validate(AbstractConfigurableComponent.java:103)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.AbstractConfiguredComponent.validate(AbstractConfiguredComponent.java:329)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.isValid(StandardProcessorNode.java:968)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getProcessorStatus(FlowController.java:2956)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getGroupStatus(FlowController.java:2555)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getGroupStatus(FlowController.java:2497)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getGroupStatus(FlowController.java:2469)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getControllerStatus(FlowController.java:2457)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController$1.run(FlowController.java:598)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Highlighted

Super Guru

Is there anything right before or after that? Looking at the code, there was no actual controller service instance passed to the validator, so I suspect something else failed before validation. Having said that, generating a NullPointerException here is a bug that should be fixed.

Also, what version of NiFi are you using, and which processor is using that controller service and generating the above error?

Highlighted

@Matt Burgess Please see attached log.nifi2.txt

HDF - 3.0.1.0

Highlighted

Super Guru

How about right before that whole trace? I see another stack trace above it that ends with Thread.java

Highlighted

@Matt Burgess Here is more of log.

nifi3log.txt

Highlighted

Super Guru

There are no stack traces in nifi3log.txt, I expect the error would be further "up" in the log, right above the one in nifi2.txt. What happens if you disable and renable the controller service?

Highlighted

@Matt BurgessIt does not matter which processor I use, any processor that is using this controller is giving same error. I deleted and recreated controller but it is still giving same error.

Highlighted

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here