Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Check out our newest addition to the community, the Cloudera Innovation Accelerator group hub.

Does NiFi Support SQL Server 6.2.2 driver​ ?

I have a NiFi controller service setup with following configuration.

Controller gets enabled but any processor based on this gets following error.

Does NiFi support SQL Server 6.2.2.driver ?

2018-02-12 12:01:39,045 WARN [Timer-Driven Process Thread-4] o.a.n.controller.StandardProcessorNode Failed during validation
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

56699-screen-shot-2018-02-12-at-10523-pm.png

11 REPLIES 11

Super Guru

Can you share more from the logs around the error you're getting? I am looking for the entire stack trace under that NullPointerException (you might see the phrase "Caused by" in there)

@Matt Burgess Please see attached log.

2018-02-12 12:01:39,045 WARN [Timer-Driven Process Thread-4] o.a.n.controller.StandardProcessorNode Failed during validation
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.apache.nifi.processor.StandardValidationContext.isValidationRequired(StandardValidationContext.java:133)
        at org.apache.nifi.components.PropertyDescriptor.validate(PropertyDescriptor.java:150)
        at org.apache.nifi.components.AbstractConfigurableComponent.validate(AbstractConfigurableComponent.java:103)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.AbstractConfiguredComponent.validate(AbstractConfiguredComponent.java:329)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.isValid(StandardProcessorNode.java:968)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getProcessorStatus(FlowController.java:2956)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getGroupStatus(FlowController.java:2555)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getGroupStatus(FlowController.java:2497)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getGroupStatus(FlowController.java:2469)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getControllerStatus(FlowController.java:2457)
        at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController$1.run(FlowController.java:598)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Super Guru

Is there anything right before or after that? Looking at the code, there was no actual controller service instance passed to the validator, so I suspect something else failed before validation. Having said that, generating a NullPointerException here is a bug that should be fixed.

Also, what version of NiFi are you using, and which processor is using that controller service and generating the above error?

@Matt Burgess Please see attached log.nifi2.txt

HDF - 3.0.1.0

Super Guru

How about right before that whole trace? I see another stack trace above it that ends with Thread.java

@Matt Burgess Here is more of log.

nifi3log.txt

Super Guru

There are no stack traces in nifi3log.txt, I expect the error would be further "up" in the log, right above the one in nifi2.txt. What happens if you disable and renable the controller service?

@Matt BurgessIt does not matter which processor I use, any processor that is using this controller is giving same error. I deleted and recreated controller but it is still giving same error.

@Matt Burgess

Updated log file.

nifi4.txt

Super Guru

There is a similar question (with solution) here, it appears you are affected by NIFI-4295, which was fixed for HDF 3.1.