Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Does NiFi have the ability to connect to IBM MQ?

Does NiFi have the ability to connect to IBM MQ?

Contributor

Does NiFi have the ability to connect to IBM MQ? According to the JMS Processor, only Active MQ is available as an option.

Should we write our own custom Processor for this?

220-jmsprovider2.png

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Does NiFi have the ability to connect to IBM MQ?

No. JMS is a standard so accessing ActiveMQ or IBM MQ or any other JMS system is the same thing. The only difference is in configuration (i.e., broker URL) and connection factory which must be in the classpath. NiFi already has support for it. All you need to do is provide required configuration in nifi.properties - https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.GetJMSQueue/in....

Cheers

Highlighted

Contributor

Are there any examples of how we configure the classpath in nifi.properties? I couldn't find this listed in the documentation.

Highlighted

I'd also like to know how to configure the classpath. I've added some jars to NiFi's lib directory and restarted NiFi but that hasn't done anything for me.

Highlighted

Short answer - yes. Longer answer - this hasn't been tested nor certified. There is an extensive matrix of possible connection modes, transactions, listen vs poll, XA vs non-XA, so it's non-trivial. Yes, IBM WMQ adheres to the JMS spec much closer compared to old days, but always has its 'specialties'.

However, please share more details on how you'd like to use NiFi in this context (or PM me to chat), this will help drive the focus and roadmap.

Highlighted

Mentor

@Wes Floyd has this been resolved? Can you post your solution or accept best answer?

Highlighted

New Contributor

Just curious -- has anybody published an IBM MQ Processor yet, or are we all just having to make our own?

Highlighted

All, NiFi 0.6.0 has a new JMS provider, which has been tested with Websphere MQ as well. An administrator would have to point the processor to a location with proprietary IBM jars, but otherwise it works well.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi, do any of you have a sample of this flow I am in need of using it now.

Highlighted

All, support for WMQ was added a while back. Use ConsumeJMS/PublishJMS instead of a legacy PutJMS/GetJMS pair of processors. See https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.jms.processors.ConsumeJMS/index.ht...

I will close this old thread now.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here