Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Does Oozie support non ascii characters in a workflow job

Does Oozie support non ascii characters in a workflow job

New Contributor

I have a workflow that has a non ascii character in its app name, e.g. the workflow name is "WF1XB" where X is the character entered using <ctrl>+shift+u, then 7684<space>

I can deploy the flow to HDFS and when I try to submit it using the command line, e.g. oozie job -config WF1B.properties -run

i get the error message:-

Error: E0803 : E0803: IO error, E0603: SQL error in operation, <openjpa-2.2.2-r422266:1468616 fatal store error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.RollbackException: The transaction has been rolled back.  See the nested exceptions for details on the errors that occurred. FailedObject: org.apache.oozie.WorkflowJobBean@457f50e8

The oozie log file shows the following info:-

Caused by: <openjpa-2.2.2-r422266:1468616 fatal general error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: The t
ransaction has been rolled back.  See the nested exceptions for details on the errors that occurred.
FailedObject: org.apache.oozie.WorkflowJobBean@7f06bc07
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.newFlushException(BrokerImpl.java:2347)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.flush(BrokerImpl.java:2184)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.flushSafe(BrokerImpl.java:2082)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.beforeCompletion(BrokerImpl.java:2000)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.LocalManagedRuntime.commit(LocalManagedRuntime.java:81)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.commit(BrokerImpl.java:1524)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBroker.commit(DelegatingBroker.java:933)
    at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerImpl.commit(EntityManagerImpl.java:570)
    ... 32 more
Caused by: <openjpa-2.2.2-r422266:1468616 fatal general error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Incor
rect string value: '\xE7\x9A\x84Bap...' for column 'app_name' at row 1 {prepstmnt 470182430 INSERT INTO WF_JOBS (id, app_
name, app_path, conf, created_time, end_time, external_id, group_name, last_modified_time, log_token, parent_id, proto_ac
tion_conf, run, sla_xml, start_time, status, user_name, wf_instance) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,
 ?, ?, ?)} [code=1366, state=HY000]
FailedObject: org.apache.oozie.WorkflowJobBean@7f06bc07
    at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.narrow(DBDictionary.java:4962)
    at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.newStoreException(DBDictionary.java:4922)

I have confirmed that I can insert the same character into the WF_JOBS.app_name column using a direct insert statement. The character set for the table is latin1, the database is using latin1 and collation is latin1_swedish_ci