Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Downgrade Ambari 2.4.1.0 to 2.2.2.0

Highlighted

Downgrade Ambari 2.4.1.0 to 2.2.2.0

New Contributor

It is posible to downgrade the ambari from 2.4 to 2.2 (From HDP 2.5 to HDP 2.4) only ambari?

What I try so far without suceed:

-Backup of the db, https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/37765/backing-up-the-ambari-database-with-postgres.html

-Remove ambari completely, https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/1110/how-to-completely-remove-uninstall-ambari-and-hdp.h...

-Start and setup the ambari 2.2

-Stop the ambari

-Restore the db backup

-Run command ambari-server upgrade

-Even Run succesfully ambari-server check-database

It shows:

Using python /usr/bin/python Checking database No erros were found. Ambari Server 'check-database' completed successfully. <- by the way there is a typo error on the output

-Try to start the ambari server and it show the following error:

28 Nov 2016 13:48:55,832 WARN [main] DatabaseChecker:184 - Current database store version is not compatible with current server version, serverVersion=2.2.2.0, schemaVersion=2.4.1 28 Nov 2016 13:48:55,833 ERROR [main] AmbariServer:844 - Failed to run the Ambari Server org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: Current database store version is not compatible with current server version, serverVersion=2.2.2.0, schemaVersion=2.4.1 at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.utilities.DatabaseChecker.checkDBVersion(DatabaseChecker.java:185) at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.java:835)

You my ask why I'm doing it, since I'm trying to install a service that works on the ambari 2.2.2.0 stack but on on the 2.4.1.0, probably ajusting the ecotool also may be a workaround but i don't have a what's new of the changes of how is the stack.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Downgrade Ambari 2.4.1.0 to 2.2.2.0

Mentor

Try going to the Ambari /var/lib/ambari-server I don't remember exactly path and locate 2.2.2.0 schema for Ambari database, apply that and try your steps again. Alternatively, remove Ambari database completely and reinstall ambari-server package.