Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Downscaling using time based mode of autoscaling is not working in Cloudbreak

Downscaling using time based mode of autoscaling is not working in Cloudbreak

New Contributor

Hi there,

We are looking to autoscale hadoop cluster up/down using time based mode. We are able to upscale the cluster successfully but the downscale does not get triggered automatically. But if we use remove nodes feature then it works fine. The host group which we are trying to downscale does not contain datanodes.

Can someone help us if we are not doing something correctly? I am attaching screenshot of alerts, scaling policies , cluster scaling configuration and history.

Thanks.!

Screenshot : screen-shot-2017-11-13-at-094106.pngscreen-shot-2017-11-13-at-094119.pngscreen-shot-2017-11-13-at-094135.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Downscaling using time based mode of autoscaling is not working in Cloudbreak

@Amey Hegde

It looks like things are configured properly from what I can see. I need to do some research to see if I can come up with any additional guidance for you.

Re: Downscaling using time based mode of autoscaling is not working in Cloudbreak

Expert Contributor

Hi,

You can take a look at the logs

docker logs -f cbreak_periscope_1

There are some restrictions when you cannot do a downscale, for example you cannot scale down below certain number of nodes. The log should tell you why the downscale was not triggered.