Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Drivers.csv doesn't get uploaded

New Contributor

Hi Guys,

Doing the lab 5 and having this strange issue. I downloaded the sample data that is stored in my local drive. Following instructions to upload the files using Ambari into maria_dev folder but drivers.csv doesnt get uploaded. I click upload new message box pops up, I click on it to browse the file, I select file, hit open and then file explorer closes, but nothing happens still see the same uplaod pop up. Strange thing is that other file timesheet.csv was uploaded fine. I opened the drivers.csv in the local machine and it looks ok. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I too have noticed this problem with "drivers.csv".

The problem i observed is, if anyfiles which is less than 4kb in size through ambari files view we are not able to upload.

But you can upload the same through hdfs cli or with cURL commands.

If you still wanted to use through ambari files view, just try to put more contents on the csv file to exceed 4 or 8kb in size.

Let me know if that works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

I too have noticed this problem with "drivers.csv".

The problem i observed is, if anyfiles which is less than 4kb in size through ambari files view we are not able to upload.

But you can upload the same through hdfs cli or with cURL commands.

If you still wanted to use through ambari files view, just try to put more contents on the csv file to exceed 4 or 8kb in size.

Let me know if that works.

New Contributor

Thanks Rajesh for your help. I just duplicated the data to increase the size and was able to upload through Ambari