Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Dynamic column transpose in hive

Highlighted

Dynamic column transpose in hive

Is there a way to create dynamic column when joining a one to many relation tables and bring the child table to parent table's granularity?

For example: parent table has Id as 1 & 2. Child table has 2 record for Id=1 and 3 records for Id=2. It is possible to transpose the child table to parent tables granularity?

I aware of the logic/idea to transpose the child table if i know the maximum of records which will be obtained from child table. But in my case it will be dynamic. For id we will have one record in child table and other Id we may have more than one to N records in the child table which has to be transposed. Do we have anything like pivot in hive to achieve this?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Dynamic column transpose in hive

One of the best option to play cards game is to play spades free online games which are available in the best quality. Also you need not to download these games you can play online without any sign up process or error. Try out these games for once.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here