Ambari version: 188.8.131.52
Ubuntu version: 16.04
When I used Ambari to deploy Hadoop cluster, Ambari created 2 file in apt source.list.d (ambari-hdp-1.list and hdp.list). So they could not run.
1. How did you register the Repo URL on your ambari? Can you please share the registered repo version page from ambari UI?
2. Can you please share the file content:
# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ambari-hdp-1.list
3. Where exactly do you see this error?
E: Malformed entry 1 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ambari-hdp-1.list
4. Are you using Local repo by any chance ( instead of public repos) ?
1. I'm using local repo.
2. This is my file content:
deb HDP main deb HDP-UTILS main
3. I met loss when I was using Ambari UI to deploy HDP stack (step: Install, Start, Test).
This was earlier reported as a bug https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/231020/ambari-273-ambari-writes-empty-baseurl-values-writ...
The way out is to "Use the Ambari Admin to set the HDP and HDP UTIL" - Check my earlier message.
Use the Ambari Admin to set the HDP and HDP UTIL Path by
1) Navigating to Admin
2) Browse to Versions.
3) Set your HDP and HDP UTIL Path and save
This will over-ride ambari-hdp-1
Proceed with the setup
Note: You can duplicate Tab - set the version and save as well. This will ensure that you do not have to re-enter all configuration/settings etc