Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

E090 RA040 I/O error while requesting Ambari, Can't get connection, Password verification failed, Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

Explorer

Facing above issue when i go for Yarn Queue Manager, logs are attached.1.jpeg2.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator
To resolve the issue, import the Ambari certificates to the Ambari truststore. To import the Ambari certificates, do the following: 

STEP 1: 
Get certificate from ambari-server 
echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -connect <AMBARI_HOst>:<AMBARI_HTTPs_PORT> 2>&1 | sed --quiet '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /tmp/ambari_certificate.cr 

STEP 2: 
Get path of ambari trustore and truststore password from Ambari properties 
cat /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties |grep truststore 

As per your ambari.properties below is the path and password :-
ssl.trustStore.password=refer from ambari.property file
ssl.trustStore.path=/etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari-server-truststore

STEP 3: 
keytool -importcert -file /tmp/ambari_certificate.crt -keystore <keystore-path> 

STEP 4: 
ambari-server restart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor
@MUNIR

Looks like you might be running your ambari server With HTTPS and the configured ambari truststore file is somehow corrupted or changed. Can you please check if you are able to do a "keytool -list" on you ambari keystore & truststore to see if you are able to list it ?

Example:

# $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -list -v -keystore <AMBARI_JKS> -storepass <CLIENT_TRUSTSTORE_PASSWORD>

Master Mentor

@MUNIR

Something similar is discussed here: https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/91725/yarn-queue-manager-error.html

In general this error"Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect."indicates that

1. the storepassword that you have specified in the ambari is not correct2. may be somehow the store password is not written in ambari.properties properly (or there may be some extra padding in the file)

3. ambari might be pointing to some other store file. (ambari.properties can be checked to verify the same)

4. It is also possible when your "KeyPass" is different from "StorePass" in your keystore.

I will suggest if you can either try regenerating a new truststore and then perform the "ambari-server setup-security" as mentioned in the following article again.https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/39865/enabling-https-for-ambariserver-and-troubleshootin....

Master Collaborator
To resolve the issue, import the Ambari certificates to the Ambari truststore. To import the Ambari certificates, do the following: 

STEP 1: 
Get certificate from ambari-server 
echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -connect <AMBARI_HOst>:<AMBARI_HTTPs_PORT> 2>&1 | sed --quiet '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /tmp/ambari_certificate.cr 

STEP 2: 
Get path of ambari trustore and truststore password from Ambari properties 
cat /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties |grep truststore 

As per your ambari.properties below is the path and password :-
ssl.trustStore.password=refer from ambari.property file
ssl.trustStore.path=/etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari-server-truststore

STEP 3: 
keytool -importcert -file /tmp/ambari_certificate.crt -keystore <keystore-path> 

STEP 4: 
ambari-server restart

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma Yes, running ambari server with HTTPS.

I guess truststore file is changed, or
because i don't have root privileges,
i am unable to do keytool -list,

I didn't perform the second check for the same reason, can run ambari-server restart, but it might affect to business.

Also thanks for links and support.

Master Mentor

@MUNIR

Can you copy the ambari keystore on "/tmp" directory where you will have the read permission on the keystore and then try to see if you are able to list the keystore keys to verify if the store Password that you are using is correct and if the keystore is correct.

# $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -list -v -keystore /tmp/<AMBARI_JKS> -storepass <CLIENT_TRUSTSTORE_PASSWORD>