Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

EBS volume and OS in Cloudbreak on AWS

Expert Contributor

Hello,

Quick questions regarding cloud break on aws:

1. For the HDP nodes, can you change OS to ubuntu or is default RHEL 6/7?

2. Any recommendations around attaching st1 EBS volumes? Should I just do that as a separate process? looks like latest version of cloudbreak allows only magnetic/ssd

3. What is the best approach to adding services? Should we do it in ambari or change the ambari blueprint?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Hi @mliem,

1. The short answer is that we can't change the os. Longer one: you could create a custom Cloudbreak image based on ubuntu, but it's not advised and not supported.

2. From Cloudbreak version 1.4 you can choose 'Throughput Optimized HDD (st1)' under 'manage templates'

3. Changing the blueprint is recommended, but it won't change already running instances

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

Hi @mliem,

1. The short answer is that we can't change the os. Longer one: you could create a custom Cloudbreak image based on ubuntu, but it's not advised and not supported.

2. From Cloudbreak version 1.4 you can choose 'Throughput Optimized HDD (st1)' under 'manage templates'

3. Changing the blueprint is recommended, but it won't change already running instances

Contributor

Hi,

I've been testing(and failing) with changing the the Cluster OS images to RHEL 6.7 since we have a support agreement with RedHat. I was using the hack that I found on this forum where you change the etc/aws-images.yml. It sounds like you I am going in the wrong direction here.

Thanks