Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

ERROR AMBARI HBASE: caught exception: Connection failed to Ranger Admin. Reason - [Errno 111] Connection refused

ERROR AMBARI HBASE: caught exception: Connection failed to Ranger Admin. Reason - [Errno 111] Connection refused

New Contributor

Good Morning..

When I start my Hortonworks sandbox And when I enter Ambari / HBase and I give it to "Restart All" I have 48% left in the "Restart All Components for HBase" section and I look at the log and I get the following error: "Will retry 74 time (s), caught exception: Connection failed to Ranger Admin. Why is this happening? Do you have a solution? Is RAM problem?

Thank you and greetings.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: ERROR AMBARI HBASE: caught exception: Connection failed to Ranger Admin. Reason - [Errno 111] Connection refused

@Jaime Garcia

1. It seems that Ranger admin service is down. make sure you always restart ranger admin service 1st before starting any other services [For those services for which enabled plugin]

2. It might be case your "amb_ranger_admin" password is not in sync and you might see Alerts in Ambari UI wrt "Ranger Admin Password Check" as shown below -

12483-screen-shot-2017-02-15-at-25143-pm.png

You can resolve the "Ranger Admin Password Check" issue using below steps -

1. Login to Ranger UI->Settings->users/Groups->select "amb_ranger_admin" user and click on change password -

12484-screen-shot-2017-02-15-at-25402-pm.png

Save and now login to AmbariUI->Services->Ranger->Configs->Advance and drop same password for "amb_ranger_admin" user-

12485-screen-shot-2017-02-15-at-25430-pm.png

Save and Restart Ranger service.

Now try restarting Hbase service now.

Let me know if that works.

Re: ERROR AMBARI HBASE: caught exception: Connection failed to Ranger Admin. Reason - [Errno 111] Connection refused

New Contributor

@Sagar Shimpi

How can I restart Ranger Admin Service and how can i get into Ranger UI?

Sorry for ignorance.

Thanks.

New Contributor
@Sagar Shimpi
Thanks for your prompt response. When I get home I try it and tell you if it works.

There is only one small problem: I am very novice in this subject (I am just starting to install things) and I do not know very well how I enter the Ranger UI, What is the Ranger UI? Ect.
For now the only thing I have done is to install VirtualBox, open hortonworks sandbox, connect via SSH, enter Ambari / HBase and give it to "Restart All" (all this following a tutorial of the Master in Big Data that I am studying Online), but I encounter the problem mentioned in the previous post.

So, being a rookie, I do not know if I'll be able to do everything you've told me.

Highlighted

@jaime

@Jaime Garcia No Problem. Will be happy to help you there.

You can refer below link to start/stop services from ambari ui -

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_Ambari_Users_Guide/content/_starting_and...

For ranger UI you can hit - http://<ranger_host>:6180/