Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Eclipse to Sandbox

Re: Eclipse to Sandbox

Contributor

@Jitendra Yadav , I fixed the jar's thing and know it work but i got a permission error

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=A62, access=WRITE, inode="/user/A62/.sparkStaging/application_1464688052729_0003":hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x

@emad rifai

su - hdfs
hadoop fs -chown -R A62 /user/A62

Contributor
@Jitendra Yadav

it does work thank you but know I have this error

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Yarn application has already ended! It might have been killed or unable to launch application master.

@emad rifai

You might need to open to RM UI and find the spark full job and click on the logs, These containers logs should have some more clue about this error.

Contributor

@Jitendra Yadav

I found it but it's huge yarn-yarn-nodemanager-sandboxhortonworkscomlogtxt.zip should i look for a specific thing in it? for example i can see this info in it

STARTUP_MSG: Starting NodeManager
STARTUP_MSG:   host = sandbox.hortonworks.com/10.0.2.15 
STARTUP_MSG:   args = []
STARTUP_MSG:   version = 2.7.1.2.3.2.0-2950
 as you can see the host ip is 10.0.2.15 which not correct 

Unable to send metrics to collector by address:http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:6188/ws/v1/timeline/metrics

@emad rifai those are nodemanager logs, we need job tasks log from RM UI for that corresponding Job id.

Contributor

@Jitendra Yadav

I can't get the log from the RM UI when I click on the log it give Access Denied.

can i get those logs from the terminal?

Explorer

Hello @Jitendra Yadav,

I have the similar case as Emad. I followed your recommendations but still have the issues with remote vm.

Could you please share exact steps how to set up eclipse and maven dependencies to make Spark job working from Eclipse?

I will appreciate your help a lot,

Olga

@emad rifai

Please use ambari to get this url -

you can login t ambari host using - http://127.0.0.1:8080/ [username/password - admin/admin]

Click on respective service [say - hdfs]

click on "Quick Links" located in top center of the services page. Pls find attached screenshot for the same -

4659-screen-shot-2016-05-30-at-82041-pm.png

2. you can get from cli also. Login to sandbox and execute below commands -

# cat /etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml |grep 8020

#cat /etc/hadoop/conf/yarn-site.xml |grep 8030

@emad rifai

it seems that you are running your spark main class in eclipse as java class which similar to 'java -cp', i will suggest you to build a fat jar and run application using spark-submit.

you can also follow along this link to build spark application using maven and eclipse

http://rajkrrsingh.blogspot.in/2015/10/apache-spark-setup-eclipse-using-maven.html