Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Effective permission issues with distcp between 2 clusters with different users. Facl not preserved

Highlighted

Effective permission issues with distcp between 2 clusters with different users. Facl not preserved

New Contributor

I have 2 clusters with 2 different users say abc for cluster 1 and def for cluster 2.

I want to transfer data from cluster 1 to cluster 2 there are no common users.

I create a directory on cluster 2 called /tmp/distcp and set facl so that user def will have read write execute on all sub directories.

When I do distcp I push from abc to def (I dont think I can pull right now) from cluster with user abc to cluster with user def.

My problem is that the sub directories are owned by user abc and my setfacl is overridden and I am not able to execute write permissions on these subdirectories.

My only solution write now seems to try to change ownership on cluster 1 to abc:def but not sure if that will even work.

Or copy the data to another directory and set my permissions but I would rather not do that.

Similiar question here http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Storage-Random-Access-HDFS/distcp-doesn-t-preserve-ACL-and-sometime....

Thanks