Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Empty drop down option in Ambari installation assign master nodes

Empty drop down option in Ambari installation assign master nodes

Contributor

43529-ambari-master-assign.png

I tried to make new cluster with ambari, but in the assign master node process the drop down is empty, there is no hostname option at all.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Empty drop down option in Ambari installation assign master nodes

Super Mentor

@Bramantya Anggriawan

This indicates that your Host Registration details might not be persisted properly inside the Ambari Database.

As you are seems to be trying to create a new cluster, So in that case it will be best if you perform ambari-server database reset and then try creating the cluster again that will be quick:

# ambari-server stop
# ambari-server reset
# ambari-server start

Now try to create the cluster freshly from ambari UI. Also it will be best to use the browser in "Incognito Mode" (Private Mode) to make sure that the browser cache is not causing any issue.

If you still face the same issue then please share the ambari server log with us. Along with One of the Ambari-agent log (and out file).

# ls -l /var/log/amabri-server/ambari-server.log  
# ls -l /var/log/amabri-agent/ambari-agent.log  (ambari-agent.out)

Highlighted

Contributor

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

I have tried to reset ambari server but the problem still persist, before this i have problem with Confirming host Process that stuck in checking for potential problem.

Then i follow the instruction in this post to copy url on step3 and paste it in new tab with replacing step3 with step4.

attached amabri-server and ambari-agent log ambar-agent-log.zi p ambari-server-log.zip

Thank You.

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Bramantya Anggriawan

From your ambari-server log it looks like you are hitting this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-21706

Please let us know your ambari server version. It looks like Ambari 2.6 has the fix for the below error which seems to be causing the issue you are facing.

Your ambari-server.log error

09 Nov 2017 14:15:18,593  WARN [ambari-client-thread-22] AbstractResourceProvider:134 - Error occurred during preparation of stack advisor request
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.LinkedHashSet cannot be cast to java.util.List
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.StackAdvisorResourceProvider.prepareStackAdvisorRequest(StackAdvisorResourceProvider.java:110)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.ValidationResourceProvider.createResources(ValidationResourceProvider.java:81)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.ClusterControllerImpl.createResources(ClusterControllerImpl.java:298)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.services.persistence.PersistenceManagerImpl.create(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:97)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.handlers.CreateHandler.persist(CreateHandler.java:37)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.handlers.BaseManagementHandler.handleRequest(BaseManagementHandler.java:73)

Highlighted

Contributor

i install ambari 2.5.2, should i start again from beginning with ambari 2.6?

Don't have an account?