Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Enable Kerberos - Setup KDC Account - Continue enabled but not working

Explorer

Hi.

I'm kerberizing an EDH 6.1.1 on SLES on Google GCE.

Kerberos is  up and running.

I've created a cloudera-scm/admin@REALM and gained its ticket with kinit, so I suppose everything is fine.

I try to enable Kerberos using the CM wizard.

When I reach the Setup KDC Account I set the cloudera-scm@REALM principal and the Continue button is enabled.

I try to click on it to proceed but nothing happens.

I took a look at krb5 log files and to cloudera-scm-server log files but nothing seems to be logged.

I've doublechecked NTP, Reverse DNS and krb5.conf file but found nothing useful.

Any help ?

Thanks

Stefano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi @Shelton 

Finally I've solved the problem and hope my experience could help someone else who is banging his/her head on this scenario.

At time of writing I was accessing the GCP cluster via public IP addresses.

I had a /etc/hosts file resolving hostnames to their public IP

Then customer's NOC granted me access from internal network over VPN and next attempt went fine.

Still can't understand why, maybe some networking related config issue, but being on the internal side of the network solved my problem

Simple as that!

Thanks for your precious support, and patience

Stefano

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Explorer

Hi @Shelton 

Finally I've solved the problem and hope my experience could help someone else who is banging his/her head on this scenario.

At time of writing I was accessing the GCP cluster via public IP addresses.

I had a /etc/hosts file resolving hostnames to their public IP

Then customer's NOC granted me access from internal network over VPN and next attempt went fine.

Still can't understand why, maybe some networking related config issue, but being on the internal side of the network solved my problem

Simple as that!

Thanks for your precious support, and patience

Stefano