Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Enabling nifi in a unix cluster [cent os]

Highlighted

Enabling nifi in a unix cluster [cent os]

Explorer

We have a on premise UNIX cluster [centos] with 3 servers and we have enabled Ambari in one of the server. The requirement is to configure Nifi on one of the remaining server and handle the dataflow via Nifi. Can anybody tell how we can implement this? Is this similar to Nifi Cluster Configuration?

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF1/HDF-1.2/bk_AdminGuide/content/clustering.html

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Enabling nifi in a unix cluster [cent os]

Master Guru

@Aditya Hegde

The link you provided above is for HDF 1.2 which was not integrated with Ambari for the purpose of deployment of NiFi clusters. Support for Ambari based installations of NiFi clusters was part of HDF 2.x.

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF2/HDF-2.1.1/bk_dataflow-ambari-installation/content/inde...

The procedure above will guide you through how to install/setup Ambari which will support deploying NiFi clusters. By Default the Ambari setup wizard will install NiFi ion only one Ambari host, but you can add NiFi to as many additional hosts as you want and Ambari will take care of clustering them for you.

Matt

Highlighted

Re: Enabling nifi in a unix cluster [cent os]

Explorer

Hi @Matt,

Thanks for the immediate response. Before posting this I tried with other link which you have shared. But still I'm getting some error while setting up amabari-server. Find the attached file.

Also, as a part of troubleshooting I referred the below link and tried to reinstall the same. But still the same error persist.

Currently, I'm running Python 2.6 in my server. Please help me to resolve this.

ambari-nifi-installation-error.png

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here