Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Error Config inconsistency exists: unknown configType after Ambari 2.2.2.0 upgrade

Highlighted

Error Config inconsistency exists: unknown configType after Ambari 2.2.2.0 upgrade

Expert Contributor

I have upgraded Ambari to 2.2.2.0 as described here: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.2.0/bk_upgrading_Ambari/bk_upgrading_Ambari-201...

Ambari works and all, the only problem that I have is in the ambari-server.log. I am getting these ERROR messages constantly:

4258-config-inconsistency-exists.jpg

What is interesting here is that in this cluster, I dont have hive, pig, ranger and tez installed. Any ideas how to fix this?

EDIT: I see now that I am getting metrics correctly from the datanode, while the name node is giving me No Data Available.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Error Config inconsistency exists: unknown configType after Ambari 2.2.2.0 upgrade

@marko

Have you checked that post upgrade tasks are complete like ambari metrics upgrade.

Please verify that all the version are correct and try restarting all components.

Highlighted

Re: Error Config inconsistency exists: unknown configType after Ambari 2.2.2.0 upgrade

Expert Contributor

Did what you advised me, @Rahul Pathak. after doing the post-upgrade I managed to get Grafana started and some metrics are showing, but not the ones from namenode.

I see I get the same error messages. Its funny, the error messages are mentioning services I dont have installed - hive, tez, pig, ranger...

Explorer

Check ambari database in tables

ambari.clusterservices

ambari.hostcomponentstate

for service name you are seeing in the logs.