Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error E0902 in Launching any Oozie workflow through Hue (Exception occured: [failure to login])?

Error E0902 in Launching any Oozie workflow through Hue (Exception occured: [failure to login])?

New Contributor

Hi,
I have a single Hadoop cluster with 1 NameNode, 1 SecondaryNameNode and 3 DataNodes. I installed Cloudera Standard and I have a strange error when I launch any type of Oozie workflow through Hue, also an empty workflow.

The error in Hue WEB UI is:

"
Error submitting workflow Prova_workflow_vuoto - hue

E0902: Exception occured: [failure to login]
"

instead in Oozie service log the error is:

"
org.apache.oozie.service.AuthorizationException: E0902: Exception occured: [failure to login]
at org.apache.oozie.service.AuthorizationService.authorizeForApp(AuthorizationService.java:401)
at org.apache.oozie.servlet.BaseJobServlet.checkAuthorizationForApp(BaseJobServlet.java:191)
"

and in the same file there was written:

"
Caused by: org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorException: E0902: Exception occured: [failure to login]
at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.createFileSystem(HadoopAccessorService.java:428)
at org.apache.oozie.service.AuthorizationService.authorizeForApp(AuthorizationService.java:366)
... 25 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: failure to login
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getLoginUser(UserGroupInformation.java:694)
at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.getUGI(HadoopAccessorService.java:268)
at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.createFileSystem(HadoopAccessorService.java:417)
... 26 more
Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.security.auth.module.LinuxLoginModule.login(LinuxLoginModule.java:165)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
"

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Sebastiano.

E-mail: sebippo@gmail.com

1 REPLY 1

Re: Error E0902 in Launching any Oozie workflow through Hue (Exception occured: [failure to login])?

Master Guru
> Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.ibm.security.auth.module.LinuxLoginModule.login(LinuxLoginModule.java:165)

As you can note from the JVM classname above, you are apparently (intentionally or accidentally) using an IBM JVM instead of the recommended Sun/Oracle JVM.

The IBM JVM has not been tested to work with CDH4 releases and we would recommend using the Oracle JVM to resolve your problem.
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here