Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error: E1004 : E1004: Expression language evaluation error, Unable to evaluate :${coord:dateOffset(coord:nominalTime(), ${sourceDateCalcValue}, "${sourceDateCalcUnit}")}

Highlighted

Error: E1004 : E1004: Expression language evaluation error, Unable to evaluate :${coord:dateOffset(coord:nominalTime(), ${sourceDateCalcValue}, "${sourceDateCalcUnit}")}

New Contributor

Need to generate a DateTime which should be an input to the workflow.

It is working fine when I substitute values directly inside the coordinator.xml. But when I use some variable from the job.properties it's failing to evaluate.

Working statement:

${coord:dateOffset(coord:nominalTime(), -100, 'HOUR')}

The below statement is throwing the evaluation error:

${coord:dateOffset(coord:nominalTime(), ${sourceDateCalcValue}, ${sourceDateCalcUnit})}

Error while submitting:

Error: E1004 : E1004: Expression language evaluation error, Unable to evaluate :${coord:dateOffset(coord:nominalTime(), ${sourceDateCalcValue}, ${sourceDateCalcUnit})}

job.properties:

sourceDateCalcUnit='HOUR'
sourceDateCalcValue=-100

Is what I am trying is a proper one? If not what is the better way to generate the dateOffset dynamically without specifying values inside coordinator.xml?

Please help me out !!!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here