Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error Finalizing HDP upgrade Failed on: Save Cluster State

Contributor

My upgrade is complete but I am not able to finalize installation. (upgrade from hdp 2.3.2 to hdp 2.4.2)

Failed on: Save Cluster State hide details

The following 1 host(s) have not been upgraded to version 2.4.2.0-258. Please install and upgrade the Stack Version on those hosts and try again.

6393-untitled.png

6394-capture.png

I updated it manually in database:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21966189

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

Please post logs.

Super Guru
@Eon kitex

please pass detailed logs to take a look at the issue if this is still not resolved.

New Contributor

I have the very same issue upgrading from 2.3.4.7-4 to 2.5.0.0-1245. I'm not sure if I can just provide the log files (even when I'm told which ones) since I can't be sure if they contain sensitive information. I can however give you the results of the queries listed here: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/29499/ambari-troubleshooting-a-rolling-or-express-upgrad...

psqloutput.txt

New Contributor

I managed to get it running. Luckily I had backups of the VMs so I could restart from the beginning several times. There are two things I did differently now when it worked.

Firstly I managed to remove that broken zeppelin service which always bugged me.

Secondly, well, for registration of the new HDP Version, I set up Ambari to use a proxy so it could fetch the repository URLs. This wasn't so great. I noticed that, while making it possible for ambari to reach the www, no metrics were available anymore and none of the views (HIVE, TEZ, HDFS) worked. I always got response code 503 iirc. I could still start and stop services, though. Probably the proxy blocked some of the ports? Anyway, so I removed the proxy settings after the installation of the new HDP version and before upgrading to it.

If I were to bet, I'd say the proxy is to blame... maybe you have connection problems, too?

Super Guru

New Contributor

The problem I encountered was :

The following 6 host component(s) have not been upgraded to version 1.1.5.0-235. Please install and upgrade the Stack Version on those hosts and try again.
Host components:

Can you please help?

Many thanks in advance.

Rising Star

Hey guys I'm hitting the same problem on HDP-2.6.1.0

I've followed your article @Sagar Shimpi

But when I restart the server by: ambari-server restart, I get this:

34443-restart.jpg

I attatch the ambari-server.log ambari-server.txt

Can you please help?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards