Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error Using NiFi ExecuteSQL Process to set query_band on a Teradata connection

Highlighted

Error Using NiFi ExecuteSQL Process to set query_band on a Teradata connection

New Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to set a query band in Teradata using NiFi.

Here's the statement:

SET QUERY_BAND = 'LOB=LOB_NAME||Region=REGION_NAME||SourceApp=NiFi||AppName=${Job};' FOR SESSION 

When I run this in the SQL Pre-Query portion of the of the ExecuteSQL processor, I get a error saying the string the string is not terminated. The processor is splitting the string at the semicolon in the set query band statement (which is how the ExecuteSQL processor is supposed to work).

Is there a way to force the processor to ignore the semicolon that exists in the middle of string?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Error Using NiFi ExecuteSQL Process to set query_band on a Teradata connection

Super Collaborator

Hi @Wevo 

While we welcome your question, you should consider the liklihood that you might get a more timely and useful response by posting this to the relevant Teradata community

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Highlighted

Re: Error Using NiFi ExecuteSQL Process to set query_band on a Teradata connection

New Contributor

Thanks for the note @ask_bill_brooks, but the problem isn't with the Teradata statement that I'm submitting. The issue is with how the ExecuteSQL processor is parsing the statement.

The statement itself works fine when subumitted in the SQL Select query area of the ExecuteSQL processor.

The SQL pre-query is expecting a semicolon delimited list of statements and hence the semicolon in the set query band statement is causing an incomplete statement to be submitted. 

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hello, i went ahead and posted your question in our teradata community website. Please refer to the link below. https://support.teradata.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=0ca67dcd1babc4140a487591dd4bcb2f... 

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here