Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Error: /api/v8/cm/config { } While configuring parcel download settings

Error: /api/v8/cm/config { } While configuring parcel download settings

New Contributor

Hello,

I'm following this http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/cm_ig_install_path_a.ht...

When I get to the stage about using packages or parcels, I click on parcels and click on more options, I enter my proxy settings and get the following error message when clicking ok.

Error:

/api/v8/cm/config { }

Using CentOS 6.7 btw.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Error: /api/v8/cm/config { } While configuring parcel download settings

Cloudera Employee

I ran into this error and in my case it was caused by old REPO links in the /etc/yum.repos.d directory.

I was trying to install 5.4.5 with a custom repository location and there were yum.repos.d links pointing to an invalid 5.3.2 repository.

When I deleted the bad repo links, the error went away.

rm /etc/yum.repos.d/cdh5.3.2_.repo

Re: Error: /api/v8/cm/config { } While configuring parcel download settings

New Contributor
Sorry to dredge this back up, but I see scant information regarding this error on the web.

What else can cause this to occur? I have this error when configuring a custom repository, but the machine is clean so I dont think there will be older repos configured.
For reference: SLES 11.3, Cloudera 5.4.1..1

Regards, DM